Yesterday morning my mom called saying she was feeling dizzy and would I come over in case she needed to go to urgent care? 🙁 So of course I did, and we didn’t go to urgent care, but I stayed to help make food and make sure I was around in case she needed me. And we watched an episode each of Star Trek TOS, TNG, and Voyager. It was great fun. 🙂
But because of that, all the things I meant to do this weekend have to happen today. And I need a list, or I won’t do anything*:
- Call my Dad, my Aunt, and my Dad’s Second Cousin (left messages)
- Do laundry
- Write a post about the book I read yesterday.
- Work on my story
- Pick out at least one book** and one DVD about Archetypes to acquire – either library or Amazon (found several at the local library… now I just need to go get a library card.)
- Plant the succulents Mommy gave me -> Next week
- Plant a few onions
- Plant bulbs
- Repot succulents into a strawberry pot -> Next week
- And apparently I was gonna write about going to see Avatar for my birthday a week ago, but never did. Weird.
EtA: Alright, I’ve done a few things… and now we’re going to make risotto. Yummy.
* Yesterday morning Ben and I had a conversation about all the things we wanted to do this weekend. And at the end of it I said, “Alright, on that note, I’m gonna read a book.” This is how I deal with having things to do. :-/ It was a fun book. 🙂 So really, having the list may not make me any more likely to do things. But when I do, I can cross them off!
** this is homework, so it doesn’t break my no-new-books rule